Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bad name: Some southerners just wont learn

If you receive this blog via email, come to the site (ramblingfreak.com) and discover what it is I'm talking about. Otherwise, you'll never understand.

Leave it to a freak like me to remember things that other people either forgot, or wish they had.

Sadly, I remember hearing this song repeately, as a kid. I'm not going to say where, other than it wasn't my parents who had it.

I know this is old, because I'M getting old and I remember hearing it as a kid. For years, and I mean YEARS, I looked for this on YouTube and it wasn't on there.

Two days ago (April 10), sure enough, some asshole uploaded it. I knew it was just a matter of time.

Leave it to some fool who is VERY stuck in the past to bring shit like this into the present day, where it has no business being. But, lucky for all of you, you get to see why places like the southeast United States continues to receive a bad name....not because everyone thinks or believes this way. They don't. Instead, it's because some people just can't keep the past in the past where it belongs.

I was only the second person to 'view' the clip (audio only, but the photo says plenty about who posted it). Good luck stomaching the lyrics. After all these years, it's even harder to hear.
(*Update-The account holder associated with the original audio link was apparently thrown off of YouTube...gee..imagine that......So, I found another clip of the same audio)



2 comments:

  1. I have to say..that was the first time I ever heard that and it will be the last. Black or white there are always going to be those looking to take advantage of a situation and I can't stand the N word!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day, I should post what I saw at at the house of a 'friend' where I spent the night, when I was about 12 or 13. I remember it, vividly, but I'm honestly not sure that people would believe it if I posted it (Yes, it's that bad).

    ReplyDelete