Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Ramblin Freak

I have something to admit. Folks, when I put the first blog post together (meaning when I composed the blog, period), I tried to use the following web address: ramblinfreak.com

I was not allowed to use that address because it was already taken. It seems that now (or at least it appears that way), the person who first had rights to it no longer uses it. I was also going to name this blog the same way.

Since I was not allowed to use the address, I went back and changed the name (and was frustrated about it) to what it is, and has been since the beginning....and post #1 is still the most viewed out of everything I have put on this blog.

It's amazing to go back and read that post, just to remember the mindset I had, only 10 approximate weeks ago. I will still do what I said, which is go through the history of plenty that I have to say (and I will NOT lie about it), so please bear with my detours. What you are seeing with these detours, unfortunately, is the work of my mental disabilities rearing their ugly heads. I apologize for that, but I really can't help it. Anyway....

The man who DID own the domain name (or still might) is in the video clip, below. I have seen this man on television, MANY times and had no idea it was him until I actually looked at the search engine phrases which lead several readers here.

If you haven't seen this guy, watch the clip. It's informative, rather sad, a little frightening, but also takes you into a world which the average person doesn't understand. In fact, I barely understand it, myself. What I do understand, however, are the perils and 'politics' of addiction.

Addiction is addiction....whether it's gambling, drinking, eating pills, snorting coke, smoking meth and/or crack, etc etc, the vibe is mostly the same. Only a few results will vary. This is one of those results which did.

Introduce yourselves to Gregg Valentino, The Ramblin Freak.

**Gregg, if you read this, I hope you don't mind me using the clip. It's not the same as using YOU.
If you do mind, say something and I will gladly take the entire post down.


No comments:

Post a Comment