Friday, April 8, 2011

This is personal and I'm furious.

**As of one hour after posting this, the government shutdown was avoided by some speck of common sense, or maybe it was both parties tired of playing chicken. Either way, I still stand by what I say on this post.

Be forewarned that if you're a reader of this blog and a citizen of the United States who happens to be a hardcore Republican regardless of what is said by that side of the political fence, this post is going to piss you off.
Should you decide to read, and are pissed off enough to unsubscribe from this blog, so be it. If you are friends with me on Facebook and further decide to delete me from your list, then so be it on that one as well. The one thing I ask: If this turns out to be you and you DO delete me, don't even bother saying a word on your way out of my life because the matter I'm going to speak of is personal enough to affect the income of my parents, my brother, brother-in-law and sister, nephew and his wife (and 2 children), and plenty of others I happen to care about. So, if you feel like you need to remove yourself from my life, allow me to find out about it on my own. I don't EVEN want to hear it.
As I type this, our sorry excuse for a federal government cannot seem to come to a logical agreement on solving their differences, therefore closing in on a possible shutdown of our government effective midnight. Normally, I would post something for people to read in the morning. But, because of the importance to my family, this can't wait.
We have a spineless nutty professor as our president who could have easily bothered to have several executive orders drawn up and ready to sign, should a shutdown occur. Those executive orders could have meant a continuum of pay to our military at least, and include our retired federal employees such as my father at best. This seems to have been missed in some sort of memo, apparently.
Our president has pissed me off in many ways, over the past 2 1/2 years, but this one takes it over the top.
We also have a fundamentalist, evangelical jesus freak so-called christian right-wing bunch of nutjobs who are WAY more concerned about defunding Planned Parenthood than they are about providing a continuum of pay for our troops and people such as my father who is not only a Korean War vet, but also someone who spent more than 30 years of devotion to Department Of Defense, and is now wasting away in a nursing home with Alzheimers, only one leg left, and may or may not have one iota of a clue what's even going on around him. People like my father were the type who dealt with all the wild ideas from the Cold War era (things that we saw on the old James Bond movies), and the unspoken fears which kept people like him up at night. Their devotion should be more noted, and that's an understatement.
Honestly, I'm tired of both Democrats AND Republicans. But, I'll make it clear that I'm MORE THAN SICK of Republicans being run by the Tea Party. It's more than obvious that if the Tea Party leaders don't get what they want, exactly the way they want it, then our military AND our retired federal employees be damned and they'll settle for anarchy. THAT is what I see, THAT is what I hear and THAT is bullshit! If you're a member of the Tea Party and this is NOT how you think it should be, then I URGE you to reconsider what group you're a part of because they sure as hell DO NOT see eye to eye with you.
A very quick detour that I want to address is this 'birther' nonsense. Here is where I will swat that one down; Don't try and tell me that one black man managed to pull the wool over George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, the FBI and the CIA, combined, and managed to make it ALL the way to taking the oath of office to the most important job in this country. I easily call bullshit on that one. Now, back to the point(s).
About taxes being too high, yes....we, as average everyday citizens certainly DO pay too much, and so do small businesses. So, Tea Party, what in the hell are you doing supporting these corporations who not only didn't pay a dime in taxes, but in plenty of cases got a refund on the backs of people like yourselves and your hard earned tax revenues? Isn't this a great deal of what you supposedly are AGAINST? That's what you claimed, when your organization first got started! In fact, you claimed that you were against Democrats AND Republicans. Yet, here you are....holding people like John Boehner by the back of his hair like a bondage bitch, threatening him with his job if he doesn't walk the line, step by step, exactly as you say.
Seriously, what the fuck is up with that??? Last time I checked, slavery is OVER in this country and has been for close enough to 150 years. What part of Emancipation Proclamation don't you grasp?
But make sure of one thing, once again....I WILL NOT let Barack Obama off the hook in the matter of avoiding a shutdown, either. As previously stated, the spineless and thoughtless nutty professor could have EASILY had several executive orders drawn up and READY TO SIGN, in the event of a shutdown, and HE DID NOT DO IT. Not only is that inexcuseable, it's sorry as hell!
I saw an interview of an army wife, this evening. Her husband is in Afghanistan and they have 2 children. One of those children has digestive issues, and the formula for that one child is two hundred fifty dollars a month! Further expenditures would include diapers, food for the other child (and obviously for the mother), clothing, among plenty of other obviously overwhelming bills for a family who makes less than twenty five thousand dollars per year.
So, Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party, and any others I may have left out.....refer to the couple I mentioned, above. Want to try that? Want to step in their shoes and take on all of those responsibilities with the notion of you being slapped in the face by your own government?
How about my mother? At 75 years old, she has to pay a percentage for dad's stay at the nursing home, along with all the gas money to drive about an hour, each direction, to visit him (gas is currently closing in being four dollars a gallon), food, utility bills, clothing, visiting 2 great grandchildren as often as possible (because she deserves the right to do so) but that means just as much in gas because they live the same distance away from her house, but in a different direction from where my father is located, MEGA ETC......
Sit comfy in your easy chairs, people, and be DAMN thankful for those who previously made sacrafices for your ease of life, and for those who may have lost their lives in a foreign land, as you read this, over the same reason....and make DAMN sure that you NEVER salute me, but you make DAMN sure that you ALWAYS respect them!
Got a problem with my words? You know where the unsubscribe button is, and you also know where the delete button is on Facebook. For everyone else, I hope you will understand my rage and anger. This is a disgrace and I can't remember the last time I heard my mother complain. Today, I heard her complain and it made my blood boil. I will not apologize.



2 comments:

  1. Well said, love. I just wonder what all the Obama sheep are thinking now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they are thinking, period. As long as they're doing that, there may be hope for something...ANYTHING but what's happening now. Of course, there are people who read this blog that will say I'm one of them, but that's because I don't stand in the same footprints that they do. Don't care, especially right now.

    ReplyDelete