Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Courage in solitude is not easy.

I don't know if this post will cause some readers a little discomfort or not, but I'm unable to tend to the feelings of others all the time (or even most of the time).
It's good that I live in a country where I can express my feelings and/or opinions and they are what they are. If someone decides to take them to task, I can respect that. But as always, step into these shoes:
Courage of conviction is what it takes when everything from income bracket to how I don't relate well to others within my 'orientation', to thoughts on spirituality, even my mental and physical shortcomings all seem to fall within a sub-minority pocket.
Most people like me will not only keep to themselves about it all, but will make up things to subsidize what they consider an incomplete life. I don't look at it that way. I understand how someone COULD see it in that light, but I crossed those barriers a long time ago and they will not get in my way, again.
I'm not sure why I decided to tackle this subject, but at least I'm being honest about it.
I know what it feels like to feel tortured on the inside and come to terms with everything, albeit bitterly. I guess that's why I can relate to the lyrics in the song/video I posted. I can even relate to the looks on his face, the body language....I could actually take it further. But, that would be futile.
I think this says enough. I didn't have a paper route, but I had (and still have) everything else.
This is a sign of much courage after years of mystery and privacy. Realize that there is much sarcasm in the lyrics, but those words were earned.
I get it. All I ask is at least try and understand where people like 'us' are coming from, because I/'we' do the same with all of you, daily, and you're still a part of me/'us'. Thanks for listening.
Peace and love to all from Paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment