Wednesday, February 23, 2011

He has a WHAT?!!?

I just received a call from a nurse at one of Jack's now former physician's office. The nurse had an attitude, and proceeded to tell me that I was neglectful in updating her office on his condition, that "he has an open appointment" (I began shaking as soon as those words came out) and that I had not called since November.
I took a very deep breath and said I would call her back....which wasn't too warmly received.
From there, I went through my cell phone log and found where I had called them in the beginning and middle of January (returning calls just like this one) to let them know what had happened, telling them to update their database as well as the handwritten chart, and that doing this again would be more than I needed to bear.
Upon having exact dates and times, I called the nurse back. After she got on the phone, I told her to give me a second....and I took another very long, deep breath.
This was made crystal clear: Date of death was December 9 at 3:40 AM. Cause of death was complications from Pneumonia (which is code for filthy fucking staph infections), and burial was on December 18. I asked if they wanted me to fax across the receipt for the tombstone, but that offer was denied.
It was also made crystal clear that if I received another call from that office, the next response would be met with a charge of harassement from the sheriff's dept and a mental anguish lawsuit from the first attorney I find in the phone book with any halfway decent rating from the state.
Before I forget: I have also been getting tons of mail from Jack's insurance provider who suddenly wants to question charges from certain dates and times at certain places when, in fact, every nook and cranny of all services were checked and cleared before Jack was moved from one place to another, but I guess that wasn't and still isn't enough.
Make sure this much is known: I don't care where you stand on the health care bill and don't want to hear where you stand on it. But, don't EVER try and tell me there isn't room for improvement in more than plenty of these so-called services....especially when it comes to keeping up with paperwork, updating files and charts, etc. How much extra did it cost THIS time? How much did this insurance company gain in interest for its stockholders by questioning certain charges?
This is bullshit, and other than another death of a friend or loved one, this was the last thing I needed to deal with, today. Now, I get to take another handfull of pills and hope I'll be able to stop from going to that office, then leave in handcuffs. I should be glad I only have one gun. I'm feeling a little too enthusiastic...



No comments:

Post a Comment