Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh yeah: Pills....

Hmm....Let's see....How should I begin THIS one? Oh well, 'off the top of my head' is good of a place as any, I suppose....
So, I decided to go to bed early, last night (second night in a row, which may possibly be a record). I was just tired enough that I felt I could safely try it. Went into the kitchen, made the coffee, set the timer, made sure I let the child out to pee on a few things, let him back in, and off to bed I went.
Within a minute or less of my head hitting the pillow, off I went. For me, of course, falling immediately asleep usually spells trouble. It's very seldom that me going to sleep that easily means an all night success.
Sure enough, I began having freaky dreams (which isn't unusual, but these were). People who had no business still being a part of my life (and it pissed me off) to others being able to put responses on my Facebook status when I knew, even in my sleep, that these people are either not on my list, or aren't on there at all.
I think it's safe to assume that me getting ill about it (while still asleep) caused me to begin rolling back and forth, saying who knows what, or in what dialect of tribal amazon chant. I have a bad habit of getting ill in my sleep. Done it for years.
But, this episode was a little on the 'special' side. Unlike most of these scenarios, I usually wake up with my heart racing, foggy head, and seeing 6 of everything while my head looks like a shredded chore-boy.....and that's usually the extent of it. Oh but nooooo, not this time!
This time, I wake myself up to the sound of my own voice and my child is right beside the bed (he NEVER comes in there), whimpering because he knows something is up and has no idea what. I finally get rid of just enough sleep to figure out that he's giving me the eyes, ears and whimper, then I ask, "What's the matter, buddy?", to which his tail begins smacking around between the dresser and nightstand. I can hear his sniffer going at it.
I didn't even get one foot out of the bed before he's smelling everything with laser-like focus. The child was deeply concerned! I get the other out, get out of bed, and back comes the sniffer....all over my legs, as far up them as he can reach, then he sits down....tail is still going WHOPP!!  WHOPP!! WHOPP!!
Tried not to think anymore about it and hastily concluded that he simply needed to go out again. Kids can be like that, after all. So, I let him out and he just stands there on the porch...staring at me, fur still standing up. I tell him, "Go do your business!". So, off he trots...does his thing, and can't wait to get back in the house where he knows I'll be sitting down in my recliner and he can come up to investigate (as he does, many times a day).
I remembered I forgot to turn the coffee maker on, so that gets taken care of and I sit back down. Up comes his majesty to reopen his investigation. He even wants to smell my hair and I'm thinking...what the hell is up with my child?? He doesn't act like this.
Then, it began: The jitters, the surreal images out of my peripherals, etc. Yep, I know what that means....MY dumb ass forgot to take my meds before going to bed. That's what this whole thing was about.
Stupid pills....I get so tired of taking them, but it is what it is....whatever that is.
Well, I'm sure this was a typical 'freak' of a post. Hope you enjoyed a dose of 'one night at Paul's place'. I doubt I'll be awake too much longer. I need to go back to sleep so I can review the privacy settings on my Facebook account.
See you later....and remember: Take your meds!



No comments:

Post a Comment